Thursday, January 22, 2009

I want to go back...

I've been thinking about warm tropical weather lately and I realized this time last year I was in Hawaii. I decided since I didn't have a blog last year I would post some pics to remind me of warm sandy beaches and pretty much anything else besides work!

Delicious Pineapple plantation! We went midnight shark fishing in Waikki, I was a little scared of the giant dead fish that were used for bait. We caught 2 sharks, so it was pretty exciting.
The Poly Cultural Center: I was being a Maori warrior!
Sunset Beach at sunset ironically! It was beautiful here on the North Shore, and there were some serious waves people were surfing on. I could sit on this beach everyday.
Hanauma Bay: the snorkeling was not as great as I remembered it when I went with my family, but it is still an awesome place to explore.
Black Sand Beach in Maui: we hiked to this beach as a sidetrip on our way traveling the Road to Hana. It was probably the coolest beach I've been to. I loved it! (Maybe it was just because I liked taking a break from that crazy curvy road! My carsickness is getting worse as I get older.)
The hike to black sand beach, not great in flip-flops!
I really loved going back to Hawaii. It was so nice to have a break from the cold here. I can't wait to visit again.

7 comments:

Gifford Family said...

Ohhh! It is so beautiful there. I think you "need to see the doctor" and go! Thanks, about the observation, but you are too nice. It is you that is the great teacher :)

Annie said...

I have seriously been thinking about Hawaii all day today. I want warmth! Andrew doesn't have any interest in Hawaii, but I'm working on him. I realized that we have Pioneer Trek the second week of June, could we go the 4th week instead?

Jenny said...

Oh, that sounds so nice right about now! Hawaii is fabulous!

nate and hill said...

Seriously Cyd, your blog looks darling!!! Hawaii looks beautiful. I heard Cali was 90 last week so maybe you guys will be in luck for your trip. Wish I could go. Love you.

C&C said...

I loved Hawaii. Pineapple ice cream, black sand beaches, what's not to love? too bad Craig and I won't have money for something like that for approximately 20 years.

C&C said...

ps--to get a sitemeter go to
www.sitemeter.com

Jenny said...

Cyd! I don't think I have your e-mail address...anyway, I haven't talked to Rach but Juls and I would both love to do a roomie get together! Give me or Juls a call and we can plan a day!