Saturday, April 4, 2009

General Conference

I'm really excited for General Conference to start today. We are off on the annual Carter Conference Drive and Conference Kick session.
Ever since I can remember, my family has packed a picnic lunch and taken off on Conference Weekend. I remember going up Cedar Canyon and listening to Conference blaring/crackling from the car radio speakers as we sat at a sometimes snow-covered spot to listen to Conference.
A few years ago we started Conference kicks. I don't know how or why, but we started to see who could kick over my brother Jake's head. He was a lot shorter then!
I don't remember the last time some one actually could kick over his head, and I'm pretty sure he gets kicked in the back at least once each Conference weekend but he is a good sport and still lets us do it. (I secretly think he just likes getting a swift roundhouse kick to the small of his back!)

1 comment:

nate and hill said...

Good luck with the conference kick this year!!! I think I could get over his head. Hill definitely not with her pregnant belly. Hope you guys had a great conference weekend. Sure miss you.