Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July

We had a great holiday weekend. Bountiful does their fireworks on the 3rd so we all went to Carlee's house for a BBQ before the show. It was just what I needed to get me excited for the 4th! I haven't been around for the past 2 years because that has been when we've gone to Lake Powell, so I was especially excited. We started out the day with the annual Bowman's breakfast, where they serve mickey mouse, turtle, or dino print pancakes! (I must have been sleepy and forgot to open my eyes!)
Then we headed down to the parade. It was really nice because it was overcast during the parade so there wasn't the scorching heat to deal with. It was fun to see people from the neighborhood as well as spend time with my best girls!

Lucky for us the weather cleared up and the clouds burned away and we went swimming all afternoon. Then we headed back up to my parents house for a BBQ and to watch Kaysville's fireworks. It was a little disappointing that they had some technical difficulties with the music, but overall it was great.

After the fireworks we headed to the Winwards for the after-party! He always strings up his whole backyard with firecrackers and other fireworks and puts on a show! You can see it gets more popular each year, this year I think we were on the 3rd row!

As we were walking back from the fireworks to the Winwards I realized that I didn't have my phone. I put it in my camera "case/Sock" and it had fallen out. It was only 3 days old. Jake called it and luckily someone had turned it in to lost and found. I was so relieved!
I really the love the 4th for so many reasons:
Fireworks, BBQ's, Swimming, Parades, spending time with famiy and friends. What's not to love?



3 comments:

nate and hill said...

Cyd,

I agree with Al - you are not worthy of the i-phone. maybe one day...

Karrissa Winward said...

It was fun to see you at the parade. And you gotta love LaDell's firework show- third row, wow!

Sarah E Boucher said...

Looks like you had a fun homey little 4th of July...I'm only a bit jealous...something always nice about the 4th with family. But I AM heading home for the 24th, which is going to be fabulously hometown!