Monday, April 26, 2010

Southern Carribean Cruise

I'm way behind on blogging so I'm going to skip some things and blog about them later!
For my big 30th birthday, 10 of my friends and I went on a cruise to the Southern Carribean. Here we are arriving in San Juan, Puerto Rico. 11 girls with 10 days worth of luggage, YIKES! Our first day on the ship we ate and headed to the pool to catch some rays!
Our first port was St. Thomas. After a recommendation from a crew member we took a water taxi to this secluded beach on Water Island. It was beautiful and we practically had the place to ourselves.
The water taxi waiting place was also an outdoor library/post office!
Our second port was Dominica (pronounced DOM-in-ee-ka). We split up a little at this port and my group hiked to two different waterfalls Trafalgar falls:
And Emerald Pools:

The rainforrest here was beautiful and we liked it even better when our guide told us there were no poisionous snakes or spiders on the island.

Our 3rd port was Barbados. It was beautiful and we loved our excursion. These pics were a little out of order, since this picture of my leg was taken back on the ship that night. Notice the bruise that takes up my whole inner calf.

I received this bruise from stupidity. I decided to do a back flip off of the catamaran, ended up breaking blood vessels (showed up immediately) in both of my calves! OUCH! I hear I made a great slapping sound when I hit the water with my calves and shins!
We got to snorkel over a shipwreck and with TONS of fish, then they took us to snorkel with 3 Sea turtles! It was amazing.
Here we are on the catamaran, it was a very relaxing day (minus the bruising!)
Our 4th port was St. Lucia where we did a zipline through the rain forrest. It was awesome and we had a really great guide.
This is us BEFORE we put the harness, hair nets, and helmets on!

Our 5th port was my FAVORITE! St. Kitts is one of the most beautiful islands and has gorgeous beaches. This is shipwreck beach!

There was a great bar that cooked a delicious burger and yummy pina coladas. You can see my sun damaged skin pretty well in this pic, but I can't help it. I love the sun!

Our last port was St. Maarten, which also had a pretty nice beach. We took another water taxi to the beach and spent the afternoon shopping and relaxing sipping more pina colada's beach side!

We got back to San Juan and spent the day touring the Fort and Old Town. It is a beautiful city and I would love to go back. We got to spend the evening in the hot tub and the next day poolside since our flight didn't leave until 3:30 p.m.
We had a couple hour lay-over in Hot-Lanta and by this point we were pretty tired after spending 10 days on the go (mostly laying in the sun by some type of water!)
Luckily there were plenty of gossip magazines to catch up on!
We had a great trip and I'm already trying to decide where to go next!

3 comments:

Gifford Family said...

Ohhhh so much fun! I am jealous yet again!!! I am glad you had a great time.

Sarah E Boucher said...

That is a good way to celebrate the big 3-0. Wish I'd done something like that. Instead I ended up with a humiliating family party (actually a surprise) that included gifts like Old Maid cards. I was a little grouchy. Still wanna do a cruise myself....maybe next year?

led panel said...

enjoy life!!!