Saturday, October 2, 2010

June 2010

I decided to just take it a month at a time to try and get caught up with these pictures. I had such a great summer and with weather in the 90's this past week it has almost felt like it's still summer (minus the fact that I've been at work and in the real summer I can just kick it by the pool!)
We started the summer by attending the first of our country summer concerts at USANA. We went to the Mega Country Jam the second weekend in June. You can see that we are all wearing winter coats and carrying bundles of blankets. IT WAS FREEZING!!!!
We thought the concert would just be two or three performers and then we'd go home. We got to USANA in the middle of a rainstorm around 1:00 and found out that there were MULTIPLE groups to perform and it lasted until 11:00 that night. Once you entered the grounds you could not get back in, so we waited out the afternoon in our blue burrito (luckily we had brought a tarp to sit on and it was large enough to cover us so we didn't have to get rained on!) It was an adventure to say the least, but we had a good time and got to listen to some really fun bands.
The next day we left for a week at Lake Powell. The weather was gorgeous and the houseboat was just as nice as we remembered from last summer.
We enjoyed our time playing games and watching movies, and especially lounging with a good book while soaking up the rays in these awesome zero-gravity chairs!
We had a black and white day while we were there since we realized we had each brought a black/white combo swimsuit.


We had some wild and crazy tube rides, Kelly and Audrey were the dare devils- no hands...
Jenny and I still had a great ride, we just held on tight! I didn't get any pictures of the water weenie, but we had some wicked rides and no one got hurt!! That's right, when have you ever ridden a water weenie and NOT knocked heads or taken a knee to the eye, or something worse! I'd like to think it was our expert ability to fall gracefully but I'm not too sure about that.
We became expert wake-boarders, see me up out of the water and everything!
And our favorite part of all were the 2 brand new wave runners with turbo power and the ability to brake. Kelly and I loved to head over to this slot canyon close to our home for the week and dare each other to get off the wave runner in to open water and wait there by ourselves as long as we could. Kelly was daring, I waited a few minutes then swam over to the ledge to wait. I was creeping myself out thinking about the 300 lb. catfish swimming just below me!
I love Lake Powell, how could you not look at that red rock and emerald green water! I'm so lucky to have great friends that keep inviting me year after year, Thanks Jenny!

2 comments:

Gifford Family said...

Beautiful pictures!!! Looks fun. I think you should jump ahead in time and blog about your night on Sept. 28th....

led display said...

beautiful life!