Monday, March 21, 2011

Shady Hotel??

As we're looking forward to our trip to Europe this summer, we are trying to decide where to stay.
I've stayed in some shady hotels before- the Best Western in a shady neighborhood in L.A., the Motel without locking doors that led directly to our ground level parking lot room in Newark, NJ, etc.
But now we're trying to decide what is a acceptable as far as European rooms. I'm not expecting American standards but I do expect some things (Listen I'm not a barbarian, I don't want to share a bathroom with a whole floor of strangers!)
So, I need some opinions. Is it acceptable to book a 1 star hotel that is in a great location, has a private bathroom, and has raving reviews on tripadvisor, for about $100 less than anything else in Florence? The drawback: no air-conditioning in the middle of June and did I mention it's only a 1 star???
HELP!

1 comment:

Cam said...

I've been to Florence in June. I don't think I would've handled it well without air conditioning, but I'm a guy and women tend to handle sweating and hot weather better than me.