Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's Vegas Baby!

We took a quick weekend road trip to Las Vegas last weekend and had a ton of fun. Alyson was supposed to come with us, but ended up having to work at the last minute so Kelly, Carlee, and I took advantage of the nice weather!
This is us in in front of the Beliago fountains and Paris! We enjoyed frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity, (I thought they were only in New York, but apparently Vegas has everything!)
On Saturday morning we enjoyed the sun and some sight-seeing in front of this Seigfried and Roy statue.



We spent most of Saturday by the pool. I love the sun and it made me sooooo excited for summer, unfortuantely we came home to 40's and it's supposed to rain here in Northern Utah for a straight week.
We got tickets to go to Mystere, which had amazing acrobats. It was a little weird, but the tricks were amazing.
We actually went to a double feature that night and went to the late showing of Phantom of the Opera. The theater was beautiful, and although we were super tired by the time we got home we really loved both shows.




The next morning we headed back to the pool again and enjoyed the last of our weekend.



We discovered an awesome new mall on the South end of the strip called Town Square, we shopped at H & M, and found this amazing frozen yogurt place called yogurtland. It was like a salad bar for fro-yo! You loaded up your bowl then paid by the ounce. It was delicious! We went here 3 times this weekend!



So what trip through Southern Utah is complete without a stop at the giant rocking chair in Beaver? It was raining and the chair was wet so we didn't sit on it.
We had a great weekend, and it just made me that much more excited for summer.
Not that I'm counting or anything, but only 18 days of school left this year! YIPEE!

7 comments:

Annie said...

How fun and we love the secret garden!

JBA said...

I hope your vegas trip was better than my 21st b-day one. REMEMBER! What a night! Brooke did an AMAZING job. Such a wonderful girl. Ask her about her floss story. I'm trying to know what my floss is. We do need to get together. I keep hoping things will slow down, who knows. Maybe June!

Gifford Family said...

I am glad what happened in Vegas didn't stay in Vegas! It looks like you guys had a great time!

Karrissa Winward said...

What a fun trip! Isn't Town Square awesome? And yes, we love yogurtland too!!

C&C said...

Ah, H&M. Craig already promised me a birthday trip to Vegas specifically to go there. I too am counting down the days I have left of work with little kiddies. Congrats to your brother!

Natty said...

Looks like fun, Cyd! There is a yogurt place in Bountiful like that called Yogurt Stop. Its on Main St. in the same parking lot as Inkley's. We patronize it frequently. :0

Sarah said...

You guys are all so cute!