Sunday, August 30, 2009

Orlando in July?

Since I'm so backed up on updates, I am just now posting pics of my trip to Orlando in July. My friend Kelly had to go for work so I decided to tag along to see some of my besties since 7th grade who live in FL! Ash lives in Orlando and Amy made the drive up from Gainesville for the weekend.
It was so fun to see these girls, and it reminded me that even though I hadn't seen them for a few years we'll always be good friends.
While Kelly was working, we got to head out to Cocoa Beach. It was beautiful. We played a great game called tailgate golf. I was by far the worst, but it was great fun!
This was our spot, we layed here for hours. The thing I love about the this water is that it's warm, if you try this in the Pacific even in the middle of summer you still get a shock the first time you step in! Not in Florida, bathwater yet still refreshing!

We stopped at the famous Grills restaurant and I had this...
crab legs, creamy red potatoes, veggies, garlic bread, and sweet potato french fries. YUM!











By the evening we had given our meal time to settle, and Kelly joined us for dinner in downtown Orlando. We ate at a delicious Thai restaurant. The next day while Kell was working again, we did some awesome outlet shopping, then we grabbed some yummy peanut butter cup dessert!

The next day Ashley's friend who works for Universal Studios got us in for free! We rode some great rides at Islands of Adventure and enjoyed a buy one get one free churro!
I don't know how people on the East Coast do it, but as soon as we walked outside we started sweating. YUCK!! That was one thing I didn't not appreciate, standing in line while you felt sweat bead up and roll down your back.


With Kell's work we got to go to Epcot at Disney as VIP's and have a dinner reception and VIP seating for the fireworks show on the Rivers of America. (We also got in free here
Here I am at Epcot, I love Disney! And here's one with me and Kell in front of our VIP seating at the fireworks. notice the shiny faces. Even at 9:00 at night it was still super humid, it never cooled off.
I spent plenty of time at the pool catching up on some reading and we headed out to Cocoa Beach another afternoon so Kelly could get a chance to dip her toes! We had a great trip and I was so happy to see Amy and Ashley. Hopefully I can get back to Florida again soon!

6 comments:

Sarah E Boucher said...

So fun! You have been everywhere this summer! And now it's back to the grindstone...is your job as boggling as mine this year? I feel like the 4 years (not to mention the 2 before that in PreK) are non-existent and I am just standing in front of these kids winging it! Yikes!

Kelli said...

fun! i just thought of the time we were playing darts at our college way house, and you needed to hit the bullseye to beat some dorks, and you totally hit the bullseye! do you remember that? that was the sweetest ever. so was plastering up all the holes in the wall from the darts, including the one you kicked into the wall. ha ha i am laughing out loud.

Gifford Family said...

As usual.... It looks like you had a GREAT time!!! What adventures have you got planned for the future?

Jenny said...

I'm jealous again. All your posts make me jealous! You look darling too!

Sarah said...

That looks so fun and you are so cute and tan! Here I live in blazin hot Oklahoma, but I am still just so white. It's that same heat and humidity that makes me stay inside most of the time. Hate it!

Sharee said...

It looks like a fun trip! I am glad you were able to enjoy it with the Hart twins and Kelly.