Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Moab!

I went down to Moab this weekend with my sister. We had a fun time visiting with family and relaxing. We went bowling, which is something I have not done in quite some time. Before this trip my personal best score was 70. Don't judge, I've never been a great bowler I think it has something to do with wearing borrowed shoes.
My first game I bowled a 79! I thought perhaps all those hours of Wii bowling were paying off. Then I bowled an amazing 123!!!! I have not even dreamed about breaking 100, but there it was. Ok so maybe the computer was off on one of the gutter balls I threw and instead of giving me zero, it gave me nine. That's not my fault and computer errors don't mean that I didn't deserve the 123!
Two great things happened at the bowling alley: 1) Alyson started to swing her arm back to throw her ball and let go, throwing it into the crowd (Luckily she is weak and it was only an 8 lb. ball!) 2) My cousin Jailene went a little too far across the line and ice skated half-way down the alley before falling into the gutter. (It's really slippery out there!)

All in all we had a great trip! I hope to go back down again when it's warmer and we don't have to follow a snow plow through Spanish Fork canyon!

4 comments:

Gifford Family said...

Wow, and I thought I was a bad bowler. Sounds like we need some WII practice! I am glad you had a great trip!

Sarah said...

I am with ya. It's sad when your five year old consistantly beats you and that is the case with me every time. But congrats on your awesome bowling skills!!! Glad it was so great for you!

Annie said...

I'm glad you had a good trip. The funny thing is, Andrew and I have started bowling again, almost every Saturday morning. You should join us...good times and good memories!

C&C said...

I want to go to Moab!
Craig's interview in NY went okay...they took 3 of 10 (7 people who interviewed were ivy-leaguers), and Craig is the first alternate. Which actually kind of sucks. But hopefully he gets something else!!!