Friday, February 27, 2009

Note from a "parent"


I got this note from one of my students today explaining why he was late. It cracked me up. I decided I had to take a picture and post it. The problem is, I can't get it to focus. So, I'll tell you what it said.


"Juan was lat becaus he was at the Dentest.

Juan's Mome"

I loved that the note was signed "Juan's Mom" and that he knew how to use an apostrophe the correct way. It is kind of discouraging that a 4th grader doesn't know that there is no "e" on the end of mom though!

6 comments:

Gifford Family said...

How funny! These kids crack me up!

Karrissa Winward said...

That is hilarious!! So did you call him on it or just let it go?

Annie said...

Very cute! Yes lets do dinner sometime. I'm in need of a girls night out. I'm usually free any night but Wednesday. Let me know your schedule!

Emily said...

So funny! I love all of your kid stories. I think it is smart to blog them every once in a while b/c it is so easy to forget. I wouldn't mind being invited to the dinner Annie was referring to. :-)

Sharee said...

That cracks me up! It was great catching up on your blog. I hear that you have had some great weather until today. I think that is because we are planning on coming down this weekend. I am SO sure.

Jenny said...

I seriously love that he signed it "Juan's Mome," even if he did spell it wrong. How funny is that?! Don't worry about signing her name to make the note seem a little more real...every Mom signs notes like that! Seriously so funny!!