Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Parent Teacher Conferences

I have had parent teacher conferences this week and it's interesting to see which parents come out of the woodwork. The sickest thing happened tonight: if you know me, you know about my weak gag reflexes. I was talking to a mom and her son tonight while her two year old ran around. She mentioned that the little boy had been sick for over a week, when he came up coughing and wheezing. He started to cough so hard that HE PUKED, over and over. It went all over the floor right in front of me. (I doubled checked to make sure it didn't end up in my shoes-that's how close it was to me.) My way of cooping with this: I scooted back in my chair and pretended like it didn't happen. My student teacher went to find the janitor and couldn't, so she came back with the mop and cleaned it up. I don't know what I would have done without her.
YUCK!

1 comment:

Cam said...

I almost puked after I read that story...