Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I came home from work a few nights ago to this: our Christmas lights were glowing, there was fresh snow on the ground, and when I went inside our fireplace (gas) was roaring! I don't really know if gas fires can roar, but you get the picture. It was so nice. I was kind of in a bad mood from having to finish up some things at work, but this cheered me right up. Then I started to remember something funny that happened that day at school. One of my students had gotten his hair braided into corn rows over the weekend. When we went to read with our kindergarten buddies, his buddy just stared at him for a long time then said, "How did you get those to stick on there?" It was so cute becuase he really wanted to know what this kid had on his head. Out of the mouths of babes, huh!

1 comment:

Gifford Family said...

I am sorry you had a bad day at work. I can't imagine.... Odyssey is such an easy place to work! I do miss reading with the kindergarten!